RAW SPAGHETTI + VEGETABLE PASTA
Eat fresh and clean with this Raw Spaghetti + Vegetable Pasta featuring spiralized noodles, raw marinara sauce and colorful veggies for a light, refreshing and easy to make lunch or dinner! Vegan, low-fat + gluten-free recipe.
We can all benefit from a raw meal at least once a day, whether it’s a salad or something like this raw vegetable pasta. Adding a fresh, raw dish to your daily meal plan is good for your system in countless ways.
So with some marina’raw’ sauce I had left over from a previous recipe, I decided to put together this raw vegetable pasta dish.
- I started with just the usual zucchini ‘noodles’ and decided to try some cucumber ‘noodles’ as well. Turned out to be a nice combo!
- The mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots and green onions I happen to have on hand and the result was a complete success.
- Finally adding a layer of almond parmesan over top will take this to the next level while adding protein, it’s delicious!
This raw pasta dish is simple, gluten-free and refreshingly filling!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This recipe uses a variety of veggies chopped and spiralized creating a delicious raw vegan meal perfect for warm weather dining. Feel free to use any vegetables you like. These are what I had on hand and threw together.
(Note – Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card)
- red & yellow bell pepper
- oregano – basil or parsley
- salt +pepper
- Raw Marinara Sauce
How To Make Raw Spaghetti + Vegetable Pasta
(Note – The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post)
- Make the sauce. The raw tomato sauce is super easy to make and only takes 5 minutes. It can also be made ahead of time.
- Spiralize. Spiralize the zucchini and cucumber, set aside. You can also julienne by hand or use a julienne tool, but the spiralizer (affiliate link) is really fun and easy. I highly recommend having one if you make raw noodles often.
- Prep the veggies. Dice up your veggies, using as much as you like.
- Assemble the pasta dish. You can either mix everything together in a separate bowl and transfer to individual serving dishes, or you can serve and mix right in your serving dish.
- Use jar bottle sauce for ease, it just won’t be 100% raw, but still delicious!
- Add a serving of this Walnut Meat overtop for a change.
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The zucchini and cucumber noodles will sweat a bit, but will hold up well stored in a covered container.
- Meal prep: When meal prepping, you can keep the veggies and sauce store separate or toss it all together before portioning into a covered container.
- Top with sliced green onions, fresh herbs of choice, mineral salt & cracked pepper to taste.
- I love it with a good dusting of Almond Parmesan!
More Raw Vegan Recipes
- Raw Vegan Street Tacos
- Raw Veggie Chili
- Creamy Raw Vegan Miso Soup with Mushrooms
- Creamy Zucchini Pesto + ‘Noodles‘
- Farmer’s Market Salad
- Raw Vegan Taco Salad
Let me know if you try this raw vegetable pasta recipe or have a question! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
RAW SPAGHETTI + VEGETABLE PASTA
Raw Spaghetti + Vegetable Pasta with spiralized zucchini noodles, homemade raw marinara sauce and colorful veggies is light, refreshing and so easy to make!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Serves 2
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized or julienned
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 each red & yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 – 2 carrots, diced
- 1 – 2 scallions, sliced
- fresh chopped basil or parsley (optional)
- mineral salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to serve
- 1 batch Raw Marinara Sauce
Vegetable Noodles: Spiralize the zucchini and cucumber, set aside. You can also julienne by hand or use a julienne tool, but the spiralizer (affiliate link) is really fun and easy. I highly recommend having one if you make raw noodles often.
Prep veggies: Dice up your veggies, using as much as you like.
Assemble: You can either mix everything together in a separate bowl and transfer to individual serving dishes, or you can serve and mix right in your serving dish.
Top with sliced green onions, fresh herbs of choice, mineral salt & cracked pepper to taste. It’s extra Aaamazing topped with a dusting of Almond Parmesan!
Depending on the size, I generally use 1 zucchini & 1 cucumber per person. You can use half of each if they are on the larger side but even then it won’t hurt to have a little extra on your plate.
You could also use raw walnut meat with this as well. The nut meat is a combination of walnuts and mushrooms and is really delicious!
This could easily be prepared for to go lunches. Make a batch of the marina’raw’ sauce, cut up some vegetables and store for quick access to preparing a ‘to-go meal’ or anytime when you’re at home. A little preparation goes a long way. The sauce will last up to 5 – 6 days and the fresh chopped veggies should last about the same.
If you’re in a pinch, try subbing in bottled organic tomato sauce of choice. It won’t be considered 100% raw but it will still be delicious!
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Updated: Raw Spaghetti + Vegetable Pasta originally published July 2012 and has been updated June 2020 with new photos and helpful tips.
FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration!
Thanks, new here and I can't wait to try this!
Welcome to my blog Tina! I have a few raw pasta dishes you may like. Have a look around and give them a try along with anything else that calls to you. If you have any questions just ask. Enjoy :)
Just made this. Delicious!
Great question, and thank you for the compliment ! I use and recommend the Paderno Spirooli, it's on Amazon for around $50.00, I honestly don't remember paying that much for it but it's worth it. You really can do a lot with it so it is a useful tool and super easy to use. If you’re looking to save some money, the Joyce Chen spiral slicer may be a good value at $24.95 on Amazon. I haven't used that one so I honestly can't vouge for it but it's much more simpler without the many features.
I will put the link to the spiralizer I use at the bottom of my recipe too…
I may have to do a blog post for the spiralizer and other tools. Thanks for the inspiration ! :)
How do you "spiralize" cucumbers and squash? Your dish looks so pretty and perfect!