Sriracha Cashew Cheese Sauce (Aioli) – This easy spicy vegan cheese sauce is super easy to make, ready in minutes and will change your life! Perfect for drizzling on tacos, burritos, and meal bowls.
Sriracha is spicy with a touch of sweetness making it irresistible to those who try it, and this cashew cream sauce is another way for us sriracha fans to get our fix!
Sriracha Cashew Cream Sauce (Aioli)
This sriracha aioli recipe is so simple, versatile and can be used in many different ways. Drizzle it on veggies, tacos, or use it as a spread for burgers adding a dose of irresistible creaminess!
What’s so great about this sriracha aioli? It’s:
- Quick and easy to make
- Oil free
- Thick and creamy
- Minimal ingredients
- & So delicious!
How To Make Sriracha Cashew Cream Sauce
- Start by soaking your cashews, covered in hot water, for 5 minutes. Alternately, you can soak them in cool water for 2 – 3 hours.
- This recipe is great for small personal blenders, like the Nutri Bullet (affiliate link), but will work ok in a regular blender too. Using the blender of choice, add the drained cashews, garlic, sriracha, nutritional yeast and water, and blend until nice and creamy.
- Taste for flavor and consistency, adding more water to thin, or more cashew to thicken.
Make the sauce as spicy as you like or keep it on the mellow side with the amount of ingredients I have listed below. I found that two teaspoons of sriracha was just the right starting point to taste the flavors while adding a nice subtle punch to your meals, on a scale from 1 – 10, the 2 teaspoons of chili sauce ranks in at about a 3, somewhat mild. I made it a second time doubling the amount of sriracha and it kicked it up to 5-6.
This is one of my favorite cashew sauces so far, as it is so versatile and so good!
Ways To Use This Flavorful Sauce
This sriracha sauce is so versatile, these are just a few ways to use this creamy, spicy sauce!
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potato + Sriracha Cashew Cheese Sauce
- Avocado and Black Bean Torta (in recipe as spread)
- Chickpea & Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Street Tacos (drizzle on top)
- Black Bean Tacos
- Quick & Easy Nacho Bowl
- Mac & Cheese Bake (would be great as the base)
- Vegan Sushi Rolls (add some to the center or drizzle on top)
- Tofu Scramble Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Have fun finding uses for this versatile sriracha aioli!
More Recipe You’ll Love
If you try this cashew sauce recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SRIRACHA CASHEW CHEESE SAUCE (AIOLI)
A versatile spicy cream sauce to use as a base or on top of some of your favorite foods.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Yields 2/3 cup, serves 3 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 cup raw cashews (pref. soaked – see notes)
- 1/2 cup water, + more as needed for thinning
- juice of 1/2 lemon, optional
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons sriracha chili sauce, + more to taste
Place all ingredients into a small blender (I used a magic bullet for this job). Blend until creamy, taste for flavor adding extra chili sauce if needed.
Thin with water to desired consistency using one tablespoon at a time. If you find it’s too watery add a few cashews and blend again until smooth.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
Makes about 2/3 cups.
Quick soak your cashews: To soak your cashew fast, simply place them in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and use accordingly.
I also didn’t add in any salt but feel free to add salt to taste.
Lastly, I usually use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in my cashew creams but didn’t add any in this recipe, I didn’t feel it needed either. You may try adding 1 tablespoon if you have it on hand for another layer of flavor.
Serve however you like! I hope you find many uses for this sauce. I have many in mind and will be sharing within the recipes as they come up.
Edit: I’ve updated the ingredients, making it double of what it originally was so it can be made in a larger blender or food processor. Plus you may have a little extra leftover for another use!