Vegan Cobb Salad – Full of fresh flavors and textures, this hearty California Cobb salad makes for a healthy & satisfying lunch or dinner!
Meet my new favorite salad sensation – the ultimate vegan Cobb salad!
The Cobb salad is a classic main-dish American garden style salad created by Hollywood restaurateur Bob Cobb in 1937. According to wikipedia, it’s typically made with chopped greens, juicy tomato, bacon, chicken, eggs, avocado, chives, Roquefort cheese, and a red-wine vinaigrette.
This is my plant based interpretation of a Cobb salad using vegan bacon, chickpeas in place of chicken, radishes for eggs (I know it’s nothing close, but it’s still delicious). And instead of cheese or red wine vinaigrette, we’ll be using a tasty creamy ranch dressing. It’s a delicious combination and I think you’ll agree!
This salad is hearty, filling and makes for a great lunch or dinner. You can also pack it up and take it along for brown bag lunches too. I typically will make a big batch salad and graze on it throughout the day. It’s easy to eat and seriously delicious!
Plus, this salad is loaded with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Take a look at the nutrition label in the recipe card – it’s off the charts amazing!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this fresh recipe, leafy greens are chopped and topped with a variety of toppings and creamy dressing creating a colorful vegan cobb salad that’s full of flavor and texture.
Here is everything you will need:
- Romain (iceberg or endive works well too)
- Coconut Bacon
- Chickpeas (roasted, canned or fresh cooked)
- Corn – fresh or canned
- Red onion
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
How To Make Vegan Cobb Salad
- Wash, dry and chop the romaine.
- Cut the corn of the cobb.
- Slice the onion, radishes, tomatoes and avocado.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl starting with the romaine first, arrange the remaining ingredients and drizzle with the dressing.
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days in a covered container. For meal prep, these multi-use glass containers (affiliate link) work great!
I hope you LOVE this vegan Cobb salad as much as I do! It’s:
- Full of fresh flavors
- Quick and easy to make
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- & Simple and delicious!
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Radish & Cucumber Salad
- Cantaloupe + Cucumber Salad
- Super Spinach Salad
- Sweet Corn & Arugula Salad
If you try this vegan Cobb salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN COBB SALAD
This amazing vegan Cobb salad is cool, crisp and delicious. It’s super healthy and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 3 heads of romaine or 5 oz. bag
- 1 large corn off the cobb or 1 cup canned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 cup crispy roasted chickpeas (canned is great too)
- 1/2 cup coconut bacon
- 1/2 cup radishes, quartered
- 2/3 cup Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Mineral salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
In individual large bowls, add the romaine and arrange the chickpeas, tomatoes, radishes, avocado, vegan bacon, corn and red onion over top. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle of salt and pepper.