Vegan Cobb Salad – Full of fresh flavors and textures, this hearty California Cobb salad makes for a quick and easy lunch or dinner that’s both healthy and satisfying! Dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free recipe.
Meet my new favorite salad sensation – the ultimate vegan Cobb salad!
The Cobb salad is a classic main-dish American garden style salad created by Hollywood restaurateur Bob Cobb in 1937. According to wikipedia, it’s typically made with chopped greens, juicy tomato, bacon, chicken, eggs, avocado, chives, Roquefort cheese, and a red-wine vinaigrette.
This is my plant based interpretation of a Cobb salad using vegan bacon, chickpeas in place of chicken, radishes for eggs (I know it’s nothing close, but it’s still delicious). And instead of cheese or red wine vinaigrette, we’ll be using a tasty creamy ranch dressing. It’s a delicious combination and I think you’ll agree!
This salad is hearty, filling and makes for a great lunch or dinner. You can also pack it up and take it along for brown bag lunches too. I typically will make a big batch salad and graze on it throughout the day. It’s easy to eat and seriously delicious!
Plus, this salad is loaded with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Take a look at the nutrition label in the recipe card – it’s off the charts amazing!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this fresh recipe, leafy greens are chopped and topped with a variety of toppings and creamy dressing creating a colorful vegan cobb salad that’s full of flavor and texture.
Here is everything you will need:
- Romaine – crunchy iceberg or endive works well too
- Coconut Bacon
- Chickpeas – roasted chickpeas are great for crunch, but canned or fresh cooked is great too
- Corn – fresh, canned or frozen (thawed)
- Red onion
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
How To Make Vegan Cobb Salad
- Wash, dry and chop the romaine.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Slice the onion, radishes, tomatoes and avocado.
- Build the cobb salad by adding the ingredients to individual serving bowls starting with the romaine first, then arrange the remaining ingredients and drizzle with dressing.
How To Store Leftovers + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days in a covered container.
- Meal prep: Store the salad and dressing separate until ready to serve. For storing, these multi-use glass containers (affiliate link) work great!
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Radish & Cucumber Salad
- Cantaloupe + Cucumber Salad
- Super Spinach Salad
- Sweet Corn & Arugula Salad
If you try this vegan Cobb salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN COBB SALAD
This amazing vegan Cobb salad is cool, crisp and delicious. It’s super healthy and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serves 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 heads of romaine or 5 oz. bag
- 1 large corn off the cob or 1 cup canned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 cup crispy roasted chickpeas (canned is great too)
- ½ cup coconut bacon
- ½ cup radishes, quartered
- ⅔ cup Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Mineral salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
In individual large bowls, add the romaine and arrange the chickpeas, tomatoes, radishes, avocado, vegan bacon, corn and red onion over top. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 – 4 days.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.