This A, B, C Healthy Kale Salad features apples, beets, and carrots tossed in an easy citrus dressing for a fresh and delicious salad full of nutrients!
Welcome to freshness!
This nutrient dense Kale Salad is fresh, vibrant, and healthy. Made with 5 simple ingredients, apples, beets, carrots, kale and cranberries, and tossed with a flavorful orange dressing, it’s clean eating and full of vitamins and minerals!
This salad is very similar to my Detox Salad, but it is actually inspired by Trader Joe’s, A,B, C & Kale Salad. The main difference in that we’ve made the salad dressing vegan.
When looking for a fresh, easy salad full of nutrients and flavor, this apple, beetroot, carrot, and kale salad is one of our go-tos!
Apple, Beet, Carrot & Kale Salad Ingredients
Here are our recipe tips and ingredient variations (measurements can be found in the printable recipe card below):
- Apples – I used a Fuji apple, they are sweet, crisp, and my favorite. Use your favorite, green or red apples work great. When prepping, leave the skin on, and either cut the apples into matchsticks by hand, use a julienne tool (I used this mandoline), or grate them with a box cutter. Please note once the apples are tossed with the beets, they will turn pink.
- Beets – The red beets will be eaten raw and are crunchy with a sweet, earthy flavor. Beetroots have a thin skin and will need to be peeled before prepping. Cut the beets into matchsticks by hand, use a julienne tool, or grate them with a box cutter. Beets can be a little messy, but they are well worth the time to work with.
- Carrots – I used packaged shredded carrots for convenience. If prepping yourself, peel the carrots and cut them into matchsticks, use a julienne tool, or grate them.
- Kale – I used 4 large curly kale leaves, but use your favorite variety. When prepping, you’ll want to remove the hard center stem and give a good chop or julienne the kale if you prefer.
- Cranberries – I suggest sourcing organic cranberries, but if you can’t find them, any will do. And if you don’t want any added sugars, use regular or jumbo raisins instead.
- Orange Dressing – The dressing is super simple with only 4 ingredients, not including salt and pepper. To add a little creaminess, try adding 2 tablespoons of tahini to the dressing. It’s delicious!
How To Make Kale Salad with Apple, Beets, & Carrots
Making kale salad with apple, beets, and carrots is easy as can be!
- Start with the dressing by combining the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Next, julienne the apple, beets and carrots. Remove the hard center stem from the kale leaves and give a good chop.
- Assemble the salad by adding the apples, beets, carrots, kale, and cranberries to a large mixing bowl, pour dressing overtop and toss to combine.
- Serve with a sprinkle of pepitas or sunflower seeds.
And that’s it, a healthy kale salad ready in about 15 minutes!
The recipe makes enough to serve 2 generously. You can eat half now and store the other half for later or pack it for a to-go lunch or dinner.
More Healthy Salad Recipes!
- Apple, Beet & Fennel Salad
- Cucumber + Cantaloupe Salad
- Kale & Red Cabbage Slaw
- Fresh & Vibrant Detox Salad
- Super Spinach Salad + Carrot Miso Ginger Dressing
We hope you liked this recipe! Share it, or leave a rating and comment below. Questions will be answered asap!Print
APPLE, BEET, CARROT & KALE SALAD
Fresh and colorful, this easy kale salad with apple, beet, and carrots is full of nutrition and flavor!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 – 3 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Raw, Vegan
- 1 large apple (green or red – I used Fuji), cored and julienned
- 2 beets, peeled and julienned
- 1 1/2 cups (173g) carrots, julienned
- 3 – 4 curly kale leaves, center vein removed and chopped
- 1/3 cup (56g) cranberries (organic pref.)
- pepitas or sunflower seeds, to garnish
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 dashes onion powder
- pinch of mineral salt
- couple grinds of fresh black pepper
Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Salad: Place the prepared apple, beet, carrots, kale and cranberries in a large mixing bowl, pour the dressing overtop and toss to coat.
Serve: Place servings in individual bowls and top with a sprinkle of pepitas or sunflower seeds.
Serves 2 – 3
For cutting the beets and apples, I used this mandoline to cut thin matchsticks. It works perfectly and makes the process easy. There is also a green one that costs a little less, it just doesn’t have the non-slip rubber or groove for placing over bowls.
If you prefer to limit sugar, feel free to replace the orange juice in the dressing with apple cider vinegar. Or use less orange juice with the rest ACV.