GREEK PASTA SALAD (EASY + HEALTHY)
The best Greek Pasta Salad features healthy cucumber, kalamata olives, red bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, chickpeas, oregano, parsley, vegan feta and lemon for a delicious quick + easy side side or main meal!
This super easy recipe was something I threw together on a whim with ingredients I happened to have on hand from this Greek Quinoa Salad. It turned out so good I decided to make it again for the recipe collection!
It’s nothing fancy, it’s just a good ole’ everyday pasta salad that I could definitely make on a regular basis. Whether it’s just for grazing on through the day, meal prepping or sharing with friends and family.
Quick and easy to make, this healthy Greek Pasta Salad makes a perfect side dish for parties, BBQ’s and potlucks. It can be made ahead and chilled, and is a great addition to the summer table.
And if you want to switch up the pasta with leafy greens, be sure to check out this Mediterranean Salad with chopped romaine and oil free oregano dressing!
So without further ado, let’s bring the flavors of the Mediterranean into a delicious & hearty pasta salad!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, simple, everyday ingredients including pasta, colorful veggies, olives, protein-rich chickpeas, fresh herbs, and lemon are tossed together creating a healthy Mediterranean inspired pasta salad everyone will love.
Here is everything you will need:
- Pasta – use smaller, bite size type pasta such as macaroni, elbow, penne, bow ties, rotini, rigatoni, etc.
- Chickpeas – a favorite of mine, I always love to add garbanzo beans whenever possible. Feel free to omit them.
- Cucumber – cool and refreshing, use a whole cucumber.
- Kalamata olives – these add the perfect salty, briny flavor. I left mine whole, but chopped or sliced is great too.
- Red bell pepper – sweet red bell pepper adds crunch and flavor.
- Tomatoes – juicy tomatoes take the pasta salad from good to great.
- Red onion – mild in flavor, this onion adds a nice pop of color.
- Parsley + oregano – fresh is best, use as much as you like.
- Salt + pepper – to taste
- Lemon – alkalizing and brightly flavored, use as much as you like
- Olive oil – use a good extra virgin olive oil, preferably lemon infused for full lemon flavor (garlic would be great too)
- Vegan feta – I love this Violife plant based feta, but this can be optional
How To Make Greek Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta. Pasta should be cooked al dente, according to package directions, then rinsed well to stop it from cooking.
- Prep veggies. Chop, slice and dice the veggies.
- Assemble. For one pot method, add the pasta back to the pot it was cooked in. Add the chickpeas, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomatoes, olives, red onion, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with juice of 1 – 2 lemons and optional olive oil (as shown above), toss well to combine. Add feta overtop and season to taste.
And that’s it my pasta loving friends, you are now ready to enjoy to the fullest!
- Veg it up. Don’t skimp on the veggies, use as much as you like. The more the merrier!
- Add zing. Try adding a splash or two of white wine or red wine vinegar for a little zing.
- Make it gluten-free. There are tons of small gluten pasta available these days. Use your favorite.
- Make it oil-free. Although the olive oil adds a nice flavor, it’s optional for those wanting an oil-free pasta salad.
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerate in an airtight container, for up to 5 – 6 days.
- Make ahead: This pasta salad is for entertaining and can be made 24 hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Meal prep: It’s great for weekly meal prep. Store serving size portions in containers for a quick lunch or grab-n-go meal.
Here are a few ideas on how to serve this savory pasta salad:
- Greek Pasta Salad is great served chilled or at room temperature.
- Try adding a small handful of leafy greens such as arugula to your serving for added freshness and fiber. It’s my favorite!
- Serve alongside these Grilled Vegan Kielbasa and Vegetable Skewers.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Quick + Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- Lemon Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Quick + Healthy Chickpea + Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
If you try this easy pasta salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
GREEK PASTA SALAD (EASY + HEALTHY)
Full of color and simple flavors, this healthy Greek Pasta Salad is a quick + easy one pot recipe packed with veggies, vegan feta and lemon flavor! Great for parties, potlucks and meal prep!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 - 8 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: boil, mix
- Cuisine: Greek
- Diet: Vegan
- 16 oz. small pasta (macaroni, elbow, rotini, penne)
- 10 oz. jar kalamata olives, pitted (use whole or sliced)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 cucumber (regular or English), diced
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (lemon infused pref.), optional
- 2 lemons
- salt + pepper
- vegan feta (I used Violife), crumbled or cubed (optional)
Pasta: Cook the pasta, al dente, according to package directions. Once cooked, rinse well under cool running water to keep the pasta from overcooking.
Assemble: In the pot the pasta was cooked in (or a large serving dish), add the pasta, olives, chickpeas, onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and squeeze of lemon and drizzle of oil, toss well to combine. Add vegan feta, toss again or leave as is. Taste for flavor, adding more salt, pepper, lemon or herbs.
Serves 6 – 8
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days, in a covered container.
For a little zingy flavor, try adding a splash of white or red wine vinegar.
Change up the measurements to suit your taste.
Gluten-free: Use your favorite gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition information is calculated using 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Nutritional values are estimates only. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration!
This recipe is super simple and very delicious!
love love it the more veggies the merrier, great recipe thanks for your recipes always good