Mediterranean Salad features chopped romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, chickpeas, and an oil-free oregano vinaigrette for a crisp, crunchy, and healthy salad that’s ready as fast as you can chop!
This Mediterranean Salad has been on the weekly rotation for the last few weeks. It’s a perfect balance of freshness and crunch with a bit of saltiness from the kalamata olives, and zestiness from the dressing.
Quick and easy to make, this Mediterranean Chopped Salad with chickpeas is ready in about 15 minutes. The oil-free dressing is super simple, yet packs plenty of flavor and juices that wrap around every bite!
During these hot days of summer, salads are what I crave. You may already be familiar with this Southwestern Salad, Crunchy Romaine Salad, Vegan Caesar Salad, Vegan Cobb Salad, and Strawberry Spinach Salad. All are terrific summer salads!
When you find yourself craving a healthy and delicious salad filled with leafy greens and Greek flavors, I think you’ll find this Mediterranean Salad just right! And for a pasta version, be sure to check out this Greek Pasta Salad or Mediterranean Orzo Salad.
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this mediterranean chopped salad recipe, crisp romaine is topped with chickpeas, chopped veggies, and lemon-oregano vinaigrette, creating a healthy vegan lunch or dinner all salad lovers will enjoy.
Here is everything you’ll need, plus ingredient variations as noted:
- Romaine – or use your favorite crisp leafy greens
- Chickpeas – use canned or fresh cooked (like this Instant Pot Chickpeas)
- Cucumber – cool and crisp, add a much as you like
- Kalamata olives – use whole or sliced
- Red onion
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon – adds a lovely
- Oregano – use dried or fresh chopped
- Vegan feta – my favorite at the moment is Violife (it’s amazingly delicious)
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- Start by making the oregano vinaigrette. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, dijon, and oregano.
- Prep the produce. Chop the cucumber and tomatoes, and slice the red onion. Wash the romaine and give a good chop.
- Assemble the Mediterranean salad. You can assemble the salad in two ways: using a large serving bowl or individual serving bowls. Either way, add the romaine, top with cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, kalamata olives, and vegan feta (shown above).
- Add dressing. Drizzle dressing over top (shown below) and top with salt and pepper.
How To Store + Meal Prep
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days when kept in a covered container.
- Meal prep: Mediterranean salad can be packed for meal prep and stored in multi-use glass containers for easy to-go meals. You can store the salad and dressing separately or toss together before storing.
This easy chopped salad is filling as is, but can easily be made into smaller portions and served with various Mediterranean flavors. Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Toppings: Add avocado for another layer of flavor and added creaminess!
- Dressing: Change up the dressing using this Lemon Tahini Dressing.
- Soup: It would be delicious paired with a bowl of this Lemon Chickpea Orzo Soup.
- Pizza + flatbread: Serve with a slice of Mediterranean Pizza, Zucchini White Pizza Flatbread, or Socca.
- Sandwich: Pair with this delicious Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich or Veggie Hummus Sandwich.
If you try this Mediterranean salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
MEDITERRANEAN CHOPPED SALAD
Mediterranean Chopped Salad is a delicious quick and easy salad, perfect for the warm weather months or whenever you’re craving a healthy bowl of leafy greens and veggies!
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: Serves 2 - 4 1x
- Category: Entree, Salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 1 can (14oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted (use whole or sliced)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- vegan feta, crumbled (I used Violife)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 – 3 teaspoons dijon
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
In a large serving bowl, or individual serving bowls, layer the romaine, top with chickpeas, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, and red onion, and vegan feta. Drizzle dressing overtop and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Serve with optional sliced avocado and chopped parsley.
Serves 2 – 4
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, in a covered container.