Vegan Sausage with Peppers & Potatoes only requires 5 ingredients, is easy to make and incredibly simple & delicious!
These easy meals are what I love, and this classic simple recipe using vegan sausage, colored bell peppers and onion is perfect anytime of year. I think for a plant-based meal, this Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes recipe covers all the bases and is nutritionally complete.
And this is where I come in to tell you how delicious it was, seriously! I was honestly surprised at how flavorful it was without using any herbs or spices, just simple mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper. It’s a tasty combination and I know you’re going to love it too!
Tips For The Best Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes
- I like to keep my my veggies more al dente, even the potatoes, but you can add a little extra time at the end to soften to your liking.
- The smaller you cut the potatoes, the faster they will cook. I cut mine into 1/2 pieces.
- For variation, poblanos or Anaheim chilis in place of the sweet peppers would be delicious.
- The vegan sausage I used was Tofurky, but Field Roast is fantastic too. I just used what was available at the time of putting this sausage, peppers and potatoes recipe together.
What To Serve With Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes
Serve Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes along side fresh grilled corn on the cob and a cool refreshing salad on the side. It would also be great with these Baked Beans!
How To Make Sausage, Peppers & Potatoes
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Add onions, potatoes and vegan sausage, cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, will be ready when potatoes are just fork tender. Cook your potatoes a little longer if needed.
- Add bell peppers and cook another 6 – 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until al dente. Remove from heat, at this point if your potatoes aren’t quite tender enough for you, cover with the lid and let steam a bit. Season with salt & pepper.
I would be happy to eat this easy vegan meal at any picnic, potluck or other type of gatherings. This is one of those meals that can be served any time of the year no matter what the occasion.
Just simple, heart-smart foods!
If you try this sausage and peppers recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.
5-INGREDIENT KIELBASA with PEPPERS & POTATOES
Serve this 5-ingredient meal with roasted corn and a simple side salad for a healthy, filling meal.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 glug olive oil (about 2 – 3 tablespoons)
- 1 medium onion (white, brown or red), thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 lbs. baby red or gold potatoes, quartered or diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 package (14 oz.) kielbasa sausage, sliced (I used Tofurkey)
- 2 bell peppers (1 red & 1 green)
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Add onions, potatoes and kielbasa (yep, we’re cooking them all together), cook uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, will be ready when potatoes are just fork tender (I like my potatoes for this dish to be a little firmer and cooked for about 20 minutes). Add bell peppers and cook another 5 – 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until al dente. Remove from heat, at this point if your potatoes aren’t quite tender enough for you, cover with the lid and let steam a bit. Season with salt & pepper.
Serve with grilled corn on the cob and a fresh garden salad. Would be great with these Baked Beans too!
Try using poblanos or Anaheim chilis in place of bell peppers.
Use your favorite potatoes, just be sure cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.