Fresh Herb Potato Salad recipe features tender potatoes tossed with a flavorful mix of parsley, thyme and chives, and lemon-dijon dressing. It’s mayo free, gluten free, customizable and vegan!
Do you love potatoes?
I sure do and have many potato recipes in the archives, especially sides like these Smashed Potatoes, Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes, Vegan Mashed Potatoes , and this delicious Chickpea Potato Salad or Curried Potato & Chickpea Salad.
Well, this potato salad recipe with fresh herbs is another great addition to the recipe collection. It’ full of flavor and a delicious side that is sure to be a hit at any table it’s shared on!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, tender potatoes are tossed with fresh parsley, thyme, chives and simple dressing made with olive oil, garlic, dijon and lemon for a delicious side dish.
Here’s everything you’ll need, including ingredient variations:
- Potatoes: I used red baby potatoes here, but white or gold baby potatoes will work just as well. If baby potatoes are not available, you can just as easily cube small or medium red, white or yellow potatoes into bite size pieces, about 3/4 – 1 inch cubes.
- Fresh Herbs: This is what makes this potato salad so delicious! I’ve used parsley, thyme and chives in this recipe, but you can easily change up the herbs to suit your taste. Other herbs that go well with potatoes are – oregano, rosemary, tarragon, dill. And if you don’t have chives, green onions would be nice. If using tarragon or dill, a little goes a long way so start with a small amount, adding more to taste. Mix and match to your delight!
- Potato Salad Dressing: This light and zesty dressing is super easy to make, and requires NO MAYO. Recipe calls for 1/4 cup of oil, but feel free to cut the oil by half if you like. Just add 1 tablespoon of water to compensate a bit.
How To Make Herb Potato Salad
- Boil Potatoes: First you’ll boil the washed and quartered potatoes in water, until fork tender, about 6 minutes. Drain potatoes and run under cool running water, let cool about 10 minutes.
- Herbs: While the potatoes are boiling, chop the parsley, chives and thyme (or any other herbs you’ll be using).
- Dressing: As the potatoes cool, make the potato salad dressing by whisking together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Assemble: Add the cooled potatoes to a medium sized bowl, along with the herbs and dressing, mix until well coated. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerator: Potato salad can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for maximum freshness, and will last for up 5 days.
Meal Prep: Try this recipe for a meal prep idea! It pairs well with fresh spinach, chickpeas, avocado and fresh tomatoes (as shown in the last photo). I’ll mix a handful of spinach with the potatoes and filled my prep containers. It’s so delicious and makes about 3 lunches.
I hope you LOVE this herb potato salad as much as I do! It’s:
- Full of flavor
- Quick and easy to make
- Minimal ingredients
- & So delicious!
This herb filled potato salad is a perfect side for picnics, potlucks, and parties of all types. It’s seriously so good, and I think anyone you share it with will love it too!
More Easy Vegan Side Dishes
- Classic Vegan Potato Salad
- Favorite Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Vegan Coleslaw
- Quick & Easy Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Easy Lemony Asparagus Pasta Salad
If you try this herb potato salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
FRESH HERB POTATO SALAD
Fresh Herb Potato Salad with tender potatoes, a flavorful mix of parsley, thyme and chives, and lemon-dijon dressing, makes a delicious side! Customizable, gluten free, mayo free and vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: stovetop, boil
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes (red, white or gold)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- mineral salt & pepper, to taste
Potatoes: Wash, scrub and quarter the potatoes (if using larger potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes). In a medium sized pot add potatoes and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a gentle boil for 6 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain potatoes and run under cool running water, let cool about 10 minutes.
Herbs: While the potatoes are boiling, chop the herbs.
Dressing: While potatoes are cooling, whisking together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Assemble: Add the cooled potatoes to a medium sized bowl, top with the herbs and dressing, mix until well coated. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Store: Potato salad is best kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for maximum freshness, and will last for up 5 days.
Change up the herbs using – rosemary, dill, tarragon, or oregano. Green onions would also be nice, in place of chives.
Keywords: herb potato salad, potato salad recipe, vegan potato salad