Skillet Asparagus & Tomato Medley is full of color, flavor and one of those easy dishes I could eat everyday. It’s healthy, easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes!
The simples are my favorite!
In this skillet tomato medley, the asparagus is al dente, the tomatoes are bursting with juiciness and the lemon adds a wonderful touch. Something about adding lemon to the skillet brings out their sweetness in a most delicious way!
Pairing all of this goodness over a grain of choice, as well as a bean, rounds this meal out by giving you extra protein and fiber to leave you satisfied without feeling weighed down. I’ve paired my skillet medley with farro and cannellini beans.
Feel free to add other vegetables to this as well. This is just a template and can be made to suit your taste!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Ingredients for this quick and easy skillet asparagus + tomato medley are simple, wholesome and once sauteed together absolutely delicious!
Here is everything you will need:
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- thyme – fresh or dried
- white beans – cannellini, great northern, chickpeas (optional)
- grain – farro, quinoa or rice (optional)
How To Make Skillet Asparagus & Tomato Medley
- Prep your veggies and place them in a medium size bowl along with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix well to coat.
- In a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and heat on medium. Add vegetables and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally, or until tomatoes soften (or are just about to burst).
- A few minutes before you’re ready to remove from heat, add the optional white beans and let warm through.
And know you’re ready to enjoy!
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Leftovers will keep for 5 – 6 days in the refrigerator, stored in a covered container.
- Reheat: Simply re-warm on the stovetop over low heat until warmed through. Alternatively, reheat in the microwave using 30 – 60 second intervals, stirring after each, until warm.
- Meal Prep: It makes a great meal prep for the week in these multi-use containers (affiliate link).
This simple tomato medley is great as a side dish or main meal. Here are a few of my favorite ways to serve this flavorful mix:
- Grain: Serve on a bed of grain of choice – white rice, brown rice, quinoa, barley, wheat berries, or farro.
- Veggie: Would be great with these Blackened Cauliflower ‘Steaks’ or Blackened Tofu.
- Salad: Serve with nice side salad like this Green Salad + Lemon Tahini Dressing or French Lentil & Bitter Greens Salad.
- Soup: Pair with a bowl of Vegan Minestrone Soup, Tomato Basil Soup, Cauliflower Soup or Vegan Potato Leek Soup.
- Bread: Serve with a slice of homemade Artisan Bread, Vegan Naan or gluten-free Socca flatbread.
More Simple 30-Minute Meal Ideas
- Lemon Chickpea Orzo Soup
- Easy Portobello Fajitas
- Tofu Poke Bowl
- Quick n Healthy Chickpea & Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Garlicky Mushroom + Kale with Linguine
If you try this easy skillet recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SKILLET ASPARAGUS & TOMATO MEDLEY
A colorful and delicious mix of vegetables, paired with a white bean and grain for a quick n’ healthy meal.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups (about 10 oz.) cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 10 oz.), ends trimmed and chopped in thirds
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- whole garlic cloves, as many as you like
- 2 – 4 small lemons, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- himalayan salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- cooked grain of choice – quinoa, farro, barley, brown, jasmine or basmati rice (optional)
Prep: Prep your veggies and place in medium size bowl along with salt, pepper and thyme. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix to coat.
Saute: Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Done when asparagus is just for tender and tomatoes are soft and just about to burst.
Add optional beans: A few minutes before removing from heat, add beans and let warm through.
Serve warm on a bed of grains such as quinoa, farro, rice or barley.
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a covered container.
Updated: Skillet Asparagus + Tomato Medley was originally published in March 2013. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in February 2020. Recipe has stayed the same and is still delicious!