Simple green salad with protein-rich chickpeas and creamy lemon tahini dressing is quick, easy, and one of my favorite vegan salads to throw together in a pinch!
Summer is still here and salads are my go to meals this time of year!
This green salad with protein-packed chickpeas and simple lemon tahini dressing has been my savior when I want a quick and easy salad. It’s so simple and needed to be added to the recipe collection.
This was just one of those salads that I threw together in a pinch while cleaning the fridge and tasted delicious. Since then, I’ve made it again and again.
So, here it is for you to play with as is or make it your own by adding anything that sounds good to you! It’s really a great little salad that’s easy, breezy vegan!
Simple Green Salad Ingredients
This simple green salad includes chickpeas, tomatoes, shallot and delicious creamy lemon tahini dressing for a quick and easy vegan salad worth eating and repeating!
Here is everything you will need:
- Spring salad mix – or any salad mix you prefer
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chickpeas – use fresh cooked, canned or Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Tahini – use store bought or make your Homemade Tahini
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
How To Make Green Salad
- Tahini Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the water. Taste for flavor, adding any extra you might like. Add the water or lemon juice one tablespoon at a time to thin as needed to desired consistency.
- Assemble salad: Prepare your salad, layer as you like adding half the chickpeas, and top with dressing.
And now you’re ready to enjoy!
I love this green salad as is, but it’s also great as a side salad for some of my favorite recipes! Here are a few options to consider:
- Pasta: Serve as a side salad with Simple Vegan Manicotti.
- Soups: Green salad is great this Vegan Minestrone Soup or Vegetable Quinoa Soup.
- Veggies & Dip: Serve with a side of veggie sticks and Classic Hummus, Tahini-Miso Dip, Vegan Ranch, or warm Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Bread: Serve with a slice of homemade Artisan Bread, soft and chewy Vegan Naan or gluten-free Socca Flatbread.
How To Store Leftover Salad
- Refrigerator: Leftover salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, in a covered container. You can store the salad and dressing separately or together.
- Meal prep: For meal prepping, I recommend storing the dressing and salad separately until ready to serve.
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Quick + Easy Pasta Salad
- Super Spinach Salad
If you try this simple green salad recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
GREEN SALAD + LEMON TAHINI DRESSING
Simple green salad with protein rich chickpeas and creamy lemon tahini dressing is quick, easy and one of my favorite vegan salads to throw together in a pinch!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan
- spring salad mix, or any salad mix you prefer
- handful grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- micro greens, optional
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- mineral salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- juice of one large lemon
- dash of mineral salt
- dash of garlic salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water or lemon juice, as needed to thin
Tahini Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the water. Taste for flavor adding any extra you might like. Add the water or lemon juice one tablespoon at a time to thin as needed to desired consistency.
Assemble salad: Prepare your salad, layer as you like adding half the chickpeas and top with dressing.
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, in a covered container. If making for meal prep, keep the salad and dressing stored separately.
Updated: Green Salad was originally published in July 2013. It has been updated with new photos and helpful tips in February 2020. Recipe has stayed the same and is delicious as ever!