It’s been ages since I’ve had pizza and have been wanting to make one for a while now. It’s always fun to make your own and this one came out so colorful & yummy!
I picked up a package of Bob’s Gluten Free pizza crust and thought I’d give it a go. I’m not gluten intolerant but do try to keep my recipes along those lines as much as possible. Feel free to use any pizza crust you like. I’ve heard Trader Joe’s has a great pre-made crust I want to try later. This one was surprisingly easy to make.
Once you get the dough together it sits for 20 min to rise and then about 7 – 9 minutes in the oven so you can chop up your veggies while waiting. Everything flows together nicely. After pizza is topped and in the oven you’ll have about 20 min till ready.
As usual, this is one of those dishes that can be adapted to your own flavors. These are mine!Print
PINEAPPLE VEGGIE LOVER’S PIZZA (GF)
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Whole Grain Mix
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed meal & 6 tablespoons water, mix and let set for 10 min)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Yeast packet, included in pizza mix
- fresh herbs or spices, optional (I didn’t use any this time but it would be nice to spice it up with something)
- marinara sauce or any pizza sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1–2 jalapeno
- small handful mushrooms
- 1/2 bell pepper, I used orange
- 4–5 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 scallion
- 5–6 big leaves of basil, chopped
Prepare and cook pizza dough according to package, layer with pizza topping when called for. I cooked mine on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Use your favorite pizza dough mix or pre-made packaged dough.