PINEAPPLE VEGGIE LOVERS PIZZA (VEGAN)
Pineapple Veggie Lovers Pizza combines pizza sauce, mushrooms, bell pepper, pineapple, onion, tomatoes and jalapeno for a vegan pizza that’s undeniably delicious!
I am in love with this pineapple veggie vegan pizza, it has so much flavor and texture that you’ll never miss the dairy!
And whoever said you can’t have pineapple on pizza must have never had it or they would surely agree it’s amazing. Especially with a little spicy jalapeno and red pepper flakes!
For the crust I’ve used a pre-made thin crust from my local grocery store, but you can easily use your favorite pizza dough or make your own (there’s a recipe below).
As usual, this is one of those dishes that can be adapted to your own flavors and toppings. These are mine and I think you’ll love them too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, pizza dough or crust is topped with tomato sauce, veggies and pineapple and baked until crispy around the edges, creating a healthy and delicious vegan pizza perfect for a snack, lunch or dinner!
Here is everything you will need:
- Pre-made Flatbread pizza crust (Simple Organic or Stonefire) or dough – or make pizza dough using this Artisan Bread recipe
- Pizza sauce or homemade Marinara Sauce
- Bell pepper – any color
- Red onion
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
Can I Make This Pizza Gluten-Free?
Yes! As a matter of fact, when I first published this recipe years ago I used Bob’s Red Mill GF Pizza Mix (affiliate link) with great results. This time around I’ve used a pre-made pizza crust for ease. If using Bob’s Mix, in place of eggs use 2 flax eggs instead as noted in the recipe card.
How To Make Pineapple + Veggie Vegan Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Layer pizza dough with sauce.
- Top with variety of veggies (shown above).
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until crust edges are crispy (shown below).
And that’s it! If using a pre-made pizza crust, you’ll be dining in under 30 minutes.
Recommended Equipment: For baking the pizza, I used this Lodge Cast Iron Pizza Pan and these handy pre-cut parchment paper liners (affiliate links).
This vegan pizza with pineapple and veggies can stand alone, but is made even better with any of these suggestions:
- Serve with a light dusting of Almond Parmesan.
- Pair with simple salad with this Healthy Flax & Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette or Creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing.
- For a heartier salad, try this easy Vegan Caesar Salad.
- Serve with veggie sticks and Vegan Ranch as a dip.
- Serve with a bowl of Vegan Minestrone or Vegetable Quinoa Soup.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, covered.
- Freezer: I’ve never kept this veggie pizza longer than a day so I haven’t tried freezing, but I’m sure it would do fine in freezer-safe ziplock bags with the air removed.
- Reheat: Reheat in the oven, preheated to 350 degrees, for 10 minutes or so. Alternatively, warm in the microwave using 30 second intervals until warm.
More Easy Recipes
- Easy Vegan Calzones
- Vegan White Pizza with Zucchini
- Spaghetti and Italian Vegan Meatballs
- One Pot Pasta with Mushroom and Sausage
If you try this vegan pizza recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
PINEAPPLE VEGGIE LOVER’S PIZZA (VEGAN)
Pineapple Veggie Lovers Pizza combines sweet, salty and spicy flavors for a most delicious vegan pizza!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entree
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian Inspired
- Prepared pizza crust or dough (see notes)
- Marinara sauce or any pizza sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 – 2 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- small handful mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, I used orange
- 4 – 5 grape tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 5 – 6 big leaves of basil, chopped
- almond parmesan
Prepare and cook pizza dough according to package directions. If using pre-made thin crust like I’ve done here, simply top and bake.
Top with 1/3 – 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
Add a layer of the pizza topping.
Bake on a lined cookie sheet or pizza pan for 10 – 15 minutes (or according to package directions).
Serve with chopped basil and light dusting of almond parmesan. For the pizza shown in the recipe, I cut mine into 4 slices, and ate folding my slice in half.
Crust types: I used this Simple Organic Pizza Crust here, but this Stonefire pizza crust looks great too if you can find it! Or make homemade pizza dough using this Artisan Bread recipe.
Using Bob’s Gluten Free Pizza Dough Mix: In place of using eggs, use 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed meal & 6 tablespoons water, mix and let set for 10 min).
Using regular dough: If making your own dough or using prepared pizza dough, I suggest par-baking the dough for 10 minutes at 425 degrees before layering with toppings. This will ensure the center cooks through. I’ve had many times of adding the topping to the raw dough, baking, and having the center be doughy because the toppings didn’t allow it to cook properly.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: For baking the pizza, I used this Lodge Cast Iron Pizza Pan and these handy pre-cut parchment paper liners (affiliate links).
Updated: Pineapple Veggie Lovers Pizza was originally published in July 2012. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in February 2020.
FOLLOW TSV on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or RSS for more updates and inspiration!
I will definitely be trying this one!. I have made several of your recipes and they are all amazing!!. I'm eating your Spicy Lentil & Quinoa Wraps(tacos) as I type this and they are so yummy!!.
Thank you for all your hard work in putting these recipes together for us.
omg this looks soooo good, i love your recipes
Yes, so good and healthy! I think it's time for pizza again!! :)