Vegan White Pizza on flatbread with zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and parsley with a creamy tofu, white pizza sauce makes a delicious quick and easy lunch or dinner!
If you love a good pizza every now and then, then you’re going to love this vegan white pizza. It’s a perfect break from the usual red pizza and tastes just as amazing!
I had a craving for a white pizza and this zucchini flatbread did not disappoint and is absolutely amazing!
Simple, easy, healthy and yummy – all the makings for a great go-to meal any time!
Recipe adapted from Chickpea Magazine.
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, tofu, nutritional yeast and miso is blended creating a smooth and creamy white pizza sauce which is topped on flatbread with zucchini and yellow squash for an incredibly quick and easy vegan white pizza!
Here is everything you’ll need:
- Yellow squash
- Red onion
- Vegan naan bread – flatbread can be found almost anywhere or make your own vegan naan bread right at home!
- Tofu – soft is preferred for a smooth texture, but firm is ok too if you can’t find it.
- Nutritional yeast
- Mellow white miso
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Vegan White Pizza Sauce
- To make white pizza sauce, add the tofu, miso, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsely and lemon to the bowl of food processor or blender and blend until creamy.
- Taste for spices adding anything you may like.
Now that the vegan white sauce is blended, you’re ready to make the zucchini flatbread pizzas.
How To Make Vegan White Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the zucchini and onions very thinly. I used a mandolin (affiliate link) for ease, but if you have great knife skills by all means use them here.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet or cast iron pizza pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread a thick layer of the ricotta on each flatbread (shown above).
- Layer the zucchini and yellow squash interchangeably on top of each flatbread.
- Add onion slices and sprinkle of salt and pepper (shown above).
- Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 15 minutes (shown below).
And now you are ready to enjoy!
These summery zucchini flatbreads are great served with any of these toppers and sides:
- Garnish: Top with red pepper flakes and chopped herbs such as basil or parsley.
- Salad: Serve with Caesar Salad, Green Salad + Lemon Tahini Dressing or simple leafy green salad with Healthy Flax & Evo Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Soup: Serve with soup like this Vegan Minestrone Soup, Tomato Basil Soup, or Lemony Kale, Leek + White Bean Soup.
- Vegetables: Add a side of Savory Sautéed Kale or Skillet Asparagus + Tomato Medley.
- Pasta salad: Serve alongside quick & easy Vegan Pasta Salad or Lemony Asparagus Pasta Salad.
- Veggies & dip: Try our Healthy Vegan Ranch Dressing or Hummus with a variety of vegetables.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days, in a covered container.
- Freezer: White pizza freezes well for up to 2 – 3 months. To freeze, let cool completely and store in freezer safe containers (affiliate link) or large baggies. If stacking the flatbread, you may want to place a piece of parchment between them so they don’t freeze together.
- Reheat: Warm in the oven preheated to 350 for 10 minutes, or until warmed through. Alternatively, microwave using 30 – 60 seconds until warmed through.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Vegan Calzones
- Cannellini Bean + Fennel Flatbread
- Portobello Fajitas
- The Ultimate Vegetable Vegan Lasagna
If you try this vegan white pizza recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
VEGAN WHITE PIZZA RECIPE
Vegan white pizza with zucchini, yellow squash and tofu based white pizza sauce on naan bread makes a quick and easy lunch or dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
- 1 –2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 –2 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 plain or whole grain vegan naan bread
- 1 block organic tofu (14 – 16 oz. soft)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 – 3 teaspoons mellow white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of pepper (black or white)
- generous pinch himalayan salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- a few parsley tops
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
White pizza sauce: Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor/blender and blend until creamy. Taste for spices adding anything you may like. Makes about 2 cups. I had leftovers.
Prep veggies: Slice your zucchini and onions very thinly. You can use a mandolin or put your knife skills to work and slice.
Assemble pizza: Spread a layer of the ricotta on your flatbread and top with zucchini, yellow squash and onion slices. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Bake: Place pizza on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days, in a covered container. For longer storage, keep in the freezer using freezer safe containers for up to 2 months. Reheat in the oven set at 350 for 10 minutes. Alternatively, microwave using 30 – 60 seconds, or until warmed through.
Keywords: vegan white pizza
Updated: Vegan White Pizza was originally published in September 2012. It has been updated with new photos and helpful tips in January 2020.