This post is sponsored by Sprouts.
Make this vegan 7 layer mexican bean dip the centerpiece for everyone to gather around. Perfect for sporting events, movie night or casual entertaining!
It starts with cumin spiced refried beans, then layered with black beans, sour cream, sweet corn, pico de gallo, salsa, diced avocado and olives. Scoop it all up with your favorite tortilla chips. It’s a filling and delicious snack for all to enjoy!
After googling a bit and pulling ideas together, this recipe from Simply Recipes stood out calling for a little water mixed with the refried beans to make them creamier. Once giving it a try, I was sold and the rest came together easily!
A few notes about the recipe:
- The refried beans can be served at room temp or warmed over low heat before layering if you prefer.
- I’ve added a layer of sweet corn, which is a delicious addition to the dip, adding sweetness and texture. I found myself hunting out a kernel for every bite.
- I used a vegan sour cream that I found at Sprouts, it was delicious when mixed with everything.
- For the tomato layer, I used pico de gallo and salsa here, but one or the other will do fine.
- The avocado can be mashed or diced. As you can see I prefer the diced here, but mashed is great too!
- Top it off with black or green olives for added texture and salty flavor.
Let this be a template, you can change it up to suit your personal taste. I hope you enjoy this fiesta bean dip as much as I do!
All the ingredients to make this Mexican fiesta dip were found at my local Sprouts, and many were Sprouts brand products. Also find this recipe, and many more from other bloggers, on their Sprouts Brand website.
Gather round, dig in and let the game begin!
7 LAYER FIESTA DIP
A great dip to gather around, serve this for get togethers or enjoy all by yourself.
- 1 can (14 oz.) vegetarian black or pinto refried beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) tofutti sour cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 oz.) sweet corn
- 1 small tub pico de gallo, optional
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup thick n’ chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 bag of blue and/or white corn tortilla chips, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
In a small mixing bowl, add refried beans and mash well, add cumin, chipotle powder and 1/4 cup of water, mix well to combine. The water will help make the beans creamy so they aren’t too thick for dipping, add a little extra water as needed. If you prefer, heat the bean mixture over low until warmed through before assembly.
In a pie dish (or shallow dish of choice), start layering with the beans, spreading to the edges, add a layer of sour cream, than sprinkle with black beans and corn. Next, add the pico de gallo and salsa, top with olives and avocado. Add a squeeze of lime over top and enjoy this festive and delicious dip!
All the ingredients to prepare this fiesta dip were found at my local Sprouts, and many were Sprouts brand products.
If you prefer, mash the avocado and add a squeeze of lime and pinch of salt for a quick guacamole.
Make your own Cashew Sour Cream if you prefer.
Add a light layer of shredded lettuce for added freshness.