Simple vegan breakfast potatoes with crispy brown edges are roasted in the oven and made with only 5 ingredients! It’s an easy one pan recipe ready in about 40 minutes.
Breakfast potatoes somehow can transform morning breakfast into a most comforting meal! And they aren’t just for breakfast either!
These oven roasted potatoes with garlic powder, paprika and plenty of salt and pepper are a perfect side to tofu scrambles, pancakes, waffles, make them into potato tacos, serve with soup, and so much more.
Easy to make and even easier to eat, these crispy breakfast potatoes are golden brown on the outside and irresistibly tender on the inside. This no-fuss recipe cooks right in the oven so you have plenty of space on the stovetop for everything else!
So without further ado, let’s make these easy potatoes. You will love them and your family will thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this recipe, potatoes are tossed with simple, everyday spices and roasted to crispy perfection with a soft, tender center for the best breakfast potatoes ever!
Here is everything you will need:
- Potatoes – any type of potato will do – red, gold, russet, purple – even sweet potatoes!
- Garlic powder – you may even like to add a dash of onion powder if you have it on hand.
- Paprika – regular or smoked are both great and will add just a touch of flavor.
- Salt + pepper
- Olive oil – use your favorite.
How To Make Breakfast Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub, dry and cut the potatoes into 1/2 – 3/4 inch cubes.
- Place the cubed potatoes on the center of a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper (above left), toss well with your fingers and hands.
- Spread the potatoes into a single layer (above right).
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to 500, roast another 10 minutes to really get the edges crispy.
- Let cool a few minutes and serve right away.
These diner-style, breakfast potatoes are super versatile and go with just about anything. Serve them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Here are a few of my favorite options:
- Serve with simple Tofu Scramble, Veggie Tofu Scramble or Southwest Tofu Scramble.
- Pair with Vegan Pancakes or Vegan Waffles.
- Serve with a side of Savory Sauteed Kale or Vegan Collard Greens.
- Serve with Mini Chickpea Flour Frittatas or Vegan Biscuits and Gravy.
- Turn them into potato tacos with corn or flour tortillas, salsa or Pico de Gallo, and Refried Beans.
- Pair with a simple soup like this Asparagus + Red Lentil Soup or Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
- Serve alongside this Ultimate Vegetable Lentil Loaf.
- Top with a drizzle of Vegan Aioli, Sriracha Cashew Cream or just plain sriracha for a mono meal.
How To Store Leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days in a covered container.
Can You Freeze Breakfast Potatoes?
Yes, they freeze beautifully for up to 2 – 3 months if stored properly. To freeze, let the potatoes cool completely and store them in small or large portions using freezer friendly containers or ziplock bags. Make sure to squeeze out any excess air before sealing. Use a marker to date the baggies or add dated stickers to containers.
How To Reheat Potatoes
To reheat breakfast roasted potatoes, simply re-roast them in a preheated oven set at 400 degrees F. for 10 – 15 minutes, until warmed through. You can also zap them in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes, stopping to stir every 1 minute or so.
More Easy Potato Recipes
- Herbed Potato, Asparagus & Chickpea Sheet Pan Dinner
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Roasted Fennel & Potato Soup
- Homemade Potato Chips
- Chickpea & Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Potato Leek Soup
- See all vegan potato recipes on TSV!
If you try this breakfast potatoes recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
Simple vegan breakfast potatoes with crispy brown edges are roasted in the oven and made with only 5 ingredients and ready in about 40 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 - 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Side
- Method: roast, oven
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 2 lbs. potatoes (use your favorite), scrubbed and dried, cut into 1/2 -3/4 inch cubes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place cubed potatoes on the center of a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat (no liner is fine too). Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Using your fingers and hands, toss the potatoes well and spread into a single layer. (Alternatively, you can add everything to a bowl, toss, and place on the baking sheet.)
Place in the oven, on the center rack, and bake for 25 minutes, stirring once.
Turn oven to 500 degrees F. and roast another 10 – 15 minutes, stirring once until edges are golden and crispy.
Let cool a few minutes and serve right away.
Serves 4 – 6
Store: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days, in a covered container. To keep longer, freeze the potatoes for up to 2 months in freezer safe containers or ziplock bags.
Additional herbs & spices: Feel free to add a teaspoon of any of the following dried thyme, oregano, old bay seasoning (just go easy on the salt), parsley, Italian seasoning, rosemary, or herbs de Provence. Also, mix and match any using your best judgement.
Keywords: breakfast potatoes, breakfast potatoes recipe