Celebrate the fall season with this colorful side dish of roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash, cranberries and pecans all dressed with a simple & subtle orange-cinnamon dressing!
The dish I’m sharing is a no-fuss vegan side dish that is both simple and delicious. With minimal ingredients, this dish will be ready in just under an hour, the longest part is the roasting.
It’s a sweet and savory combination with each ingredient shining through, and together they mingle perfectly!
I’m excited to share this recipe with you, it was delicious, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
How To Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash w/ Cranberries & Pecans
- Start by prepping the brussels sprouts and butternut squash.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt (and pepper too if you like).
- Arrange brussels sprouts cut side down. This will help caramelize them.
- Place in preheated oven set to 425 degrees and roast for 40 minutes, adding the cranberries and pecans 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
- While veggies are roasting, prepare the simple dressing. It will add a nice subtle warm & citrus flavor.
- Once vegetables are ready, combine with the dressing and add salt & pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish.
Now you’re all set to share with friends and family!
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Autumn Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
- Easy Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Easy Apple Coleslaw
- Healthy Baked Beans
- Autumn Wheat Berry + Butternut Squash Salad
- See all Side Dish recipes on TSV!
If you try this brussels sprout & butternut squash recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & BUTTERNUT SQUASH W/ CRANBERRIES & PECANS
Celebrate the fall season with friends and family sharing this sweet & savory vegan side dish! Full of caramelized flavor and hint of cinnamon and orange!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 small butternut squash (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 orange, juice of (about 1/4 cup)
- generous pinch of cinnamon
- mineral salt & cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, a silpat, or lightly grease with oil.
Prep veggies: Cut ends off butternut squash, and peel (a vegetable peeler works great). Slice butternut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and dice into 1/2 inch cubes. Trim the bottom of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half lengthwise. If brussels sprouts are on the larger side, quarter them instead.
Roast: Place the brussels sprouts and squash on the baking sheet, drizzle with a little oil, and toss to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer, making sure the brussels sprouts are cut side down to help caramelize them. Sprinkle with salt. Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 40 minutes, stirring after 25 minutes. About 5 minutes before removing the vegetables, add the cranberries and pecans to the baking sheet. Remove and let cool slightly.
Dressing: In a small bowl, squeeze the juice from 1/2 orange and add a generous dash of cinnamon, mix well.
Assemble: In a large mixing bowl, add the roasted vegetables along with the orange-cinnamon dressing. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. The cinnamon is subtle here, add more as desired.
Transfer to serving dish. Enjoy warm, at room temp or chilled.
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days.
Vary the recipe by replacing the cranberries with pomegranate seeds.
Oil-free: Use 2 – 3 tablespoon aqua fab (canned chickpea juices) in place of oil.
This post is sponsored by Sprouts. All opinions are my own. I loved working with the products they sent to me. Hans Celestial and Sprouts Brand products rule! Thank you for supporting TSV’s wonderful sponsors.