This spicy raw tomato + red pepper soup recipe is the best! It’s a refreshing chilled summer soup, perfect for your garden tomatoes and red bell peppers.
Happy New Year! We’ll be starting the New Year off with this raw soup with tomatoes, red pepper and herbs to help cleanse and detox the days gone by.
Similar to gazpacho, this raw tomato and red pepper soup is light and refreshing. Plus, it’s an alkalizing, anti-inflammatory soup, and full of beneficial ingredients that your body will thank you for.
Let the power of red work wonders for your health. Each ingredient has its own special nutritional benefit, all of which contain plenty of vitamins, minerals, fiber and some proteins.
For extra protein and nutrition, try adding a sprinkle of black sesame, hemp hearts or chia seeds on top. It would also be great with spiralized zucchini noodles!
Eating fresh and clean for half of your daily intake is highly helpful in keeping the mind, body and spirit aligned and in good health.
Cheers to good health in the new year!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In this easy recipe, we’ll be pureeing fresh tomatoes, red bell pepper, herbs and spices into a light and refreshing soup, perfect for the hot summertime weather!
Here is everything you will need:
- red bell pepper
- nutritional yeast
- cilantro, parsley or basil
- a few chives
- red pepper flakes
- himalayan salt
How To Make Spicy Raw Tomato + Red Pepper Soup
- Prep: Quarter your tomatoes. Core and de-seed your bell pepper, cut into slices.
- Puree: Place all ingredients in food processor/blender and blend until a soup consistency. Taste for flavor adding extra ingredients to suit your taste.
And that’s it! Now you’re ready to enjoy this soup either chilled or at room temperature.
How To Store Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer: For longer storage, raw tomato + bell pepper soup can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months using freezer safe containers. Let thaw before serving.
This raw soup is light and great on its’ own, but can be made into a more complete meal with a few of these serving suggestions:
- Topping: Top with diced creamy avocado, red pepper, Pico de Gallo or fresh Corn Salsa for color and texture. A drizzle of Vegan Cream would be delicious too!
- Seeds: For extra protein and nutrition, try adding a sprinkle of hemp hearts, sesame seeds, or chia seeds on top.
- Noodle: It would also be great with fresh or lightly steamed spiralized zucchini noodles!
- Salad: Serve with a simple house salad with this raw creamy Lemon-Herb Hemp Dressing, Vegan Ranch (with cashews), or Maple Dijon Dressing. Or pair with this Sweet Corn & Arugula Salad, Vegan Cobb or Vegan Caesar Salad.
- Veggie: Pair with Crispy Baked Kale Chips, or crumble a few overtop for added texture.
More Raw Soup Recipes
If you try this raw tomato soup recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I love to hear what you think, or any changes you make.Print
SPICY RAW TOMATO + RED PEPPER SOUP
Similar to gazpacho, this spicy raw tomato soup with red pepper, herbs and lemon is alkalizing and refreshing. Cleanse and detox the days gone by with this anti-inflammatory soup!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 - 3 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: puree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 lb. (16oz.) tomatoes (use your favorite)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- a few cilantro, parsley or basil leaves
- a few chives
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- himalayan salt to taste
Prep: Quarter your tomatoes. Core and de-seed your bell pepper, cut into slices.
Puree: Place all ingredients in food processor/blender and blend until a soup consistency. Taste for flavor adding extra ingredients to suit your taste.
Enjoy as is or place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before eating.
Makes about 3 cups, serves 2 – 3
Serve: Place in individual bowls and top with a squeeze of lemon juice over top and some chopped chives, parsley or basil. Sliced or diced avocado is also excellent adding a little creaminess!
Would be great with julienned or spiralized zucchini noodles.
Feel free to gently warm this soup!
Keywords: raw tomato soup
Updated: Raw Tomato + Red Pepper Soup was originally published in January 2013. It has been retested and updated with new photos and helpful tips in March 2020.